- Change Recurring Payment Amount or Date
Edit recurring payment is an optional feature which allows you to manage residents' recurring payments by changing the payment amount or date. With this, managers can:
- apply rent increases or decreases;
- add new recurring charges (i.e. parking or storage fees).
If you do not have this feature and are interesting in adding it to your account, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Please note, changes can only be made to residents who are already set up on recurring payments. This feature cannot be used to switch residents from one-time payments to recurring payments.
2. Change Recurring Payment Amount or Date
- From your dashboard, click the Go button under the number of active recurring payments box. If you do not see this box, this feature has not yet been enabled for your account; please contact your account manager to have it enabled.
- From here you will see a list of all residents who are currently set up on recurring payments. From here you can search or sort the list by resident, next billing date, or if the tenants are on PAD to find the appropriate residents.
- To change the payment choose Edit recurring payments from the Edit column on the right. You are also able to edit multiple tenant's recurring payments at once by ticking the box next to the residents you would like to edit, and then click Edit (amount of residents) Recurring Payments at the top right of the box.
- A pop-up will appear, once you have updated and entered the changes, click the "Apply All Changes" to save the updated recurring payments. Residents will be sent an email notifying them of the change. Note, the email notification is not legally considered formal notification of a rent increase. You will still need to notify residents of rental increases through your current procedure.
- You can also change a single residents’ recurring payments by searching for the resident. Find the resident using the search bar (on the dashboard), then click on their name to access the resident’s page. If the resident is currently set up on recurring charges, you will see a Recurring Payments box where changes can be made.
- Can I make changes to a resident set up on one time payments?
- No, each time a resident makes a one-time payment, they are required to enter the payment date and amount themselves.
- Can I switch residents from one time to recurring payments?
- You cannot switch residents from one-time payments to recurring payments. Changes can only be made to residents who are already set up on recurring payments. Property managers do not have the ability to set up residents on recurring payments--residents must do it themselves. If a resident does not have access to their account, please reach out to our help team for assistance.
- Can I stop a resident’s recurring payments?
- Yes, you can disable a resident’s recurring payments by clicking the ‘disable recurring payments’ icon on the resident page.