- Change Recurring Payment Amount or Date
This is an optional feature which allows you to manage residents' recurring payments by changing the payment amount or date. With this feature, managers can:
- apply rent increases or decreases;
- change the day of the month on which the recurring payment goes out;
- add new recurring charges (i.e. parking or storage fees).
If you do not have this and are interested in adding it to your account, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Please note, changes can only be made to residents who are already set up on recurring payments. This cannot be used to switch residents from one-time payments to recurring payments.
Change Recurring Payment Amount or Date
- From your dashboard, click the blue manage recurring payments in the residents making recurring payment box. If you do not see this box, this feature has not yet been enabled for your account; please contact your account manager to have it enabled.
- From here you will see a list of all residents who are currently set up on recurring payments. To change the payment amount or date, simply type in the new information in the appropriate text box.
- Once you have updated and entered the change, click the "Apply All Changes" to save the updated recurring payments. Residents will be sent an email notifying them of the change. Note, the email notification is not legally considered formal notification of a rent increase. You will still need to notify residents of rental increases through your current procedure.
- You can also change a single residents’ recurring payments by searching for the resident. Find the resident using the search bar (on the dashboard), then click on their name to access the resident's page. If the resident is currently set up on recurring charges, you will see a Recurring Payments box where changes can be made.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make changes to a resident set up on one time payments?
- No, each time a resident makes a one-time payment, they are required to enter the payment date and amount themselves.
- This cannot be used to switch residents from one-time payments to recurring payments--changes can only be made to residents who are already set up on recurring payments. Property managers do not have the ability to set up residents' on recurring payments--residents must do it themselves. If a resident does not have access to their account, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
- Yes, you can disable a resident’s recurring payments by clicking the ‘disable recurring payments’ icon on the resident's page.