Editing recurring payment is a feature which allows you to manage residents' recurring payments by changing the payment amount or date. With this, property managers can:
- apply rent increases or decreases
- add new recurring charges (i.e. parking or storage fees)
- change the monthly billing date
Note, changes can only be made to residents who are already set up on recurring payments.
To change recurring payment amount or date:
- From your dashboard, click the Go button under the number of Active Recurring Payments.
- You will see a list of all residents who are currently set up on recurring payments. From here you can search or sort the list by tenant, next billing date, or if the tenants are on PAD to find the appropriate resident.
- Click the Pencil button in the edit column on the right on the individual tenant or you can edit multiple tenant's recurring payments at once by ticking the box next to the tenant’s name, and then click Edit (amount) Recurring Payments at the top right of the box.
- In the pop-up, make any required changes and click Save. Residents will be sent an email notifying them of the change.
This process is also available on any individual tenant page.
- Find the tenant using the search bar (on the home dashboard),
- Click on their name to access the tenant’s page.
- If the resident is currently set up on recurring charges, you will see a Recurring Payments box where changes can be made.
- Click Save.
If you are looking to Disable a tenant’s recurring payments click here.
Notes: the email notification is not considered a legal or formal notification of a rent increase. You will still need to notify residents of rental increases through your current procedure.
If you are using the PAD solution, changes to recurring payments must be made 2 full business days before the PAD file is processed on the first business day of the month. Changes made outside of this cut-off will not be processed.
Have more questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article is closed for comments.