- Making a payment
At any time you can process a one-time payment on behalf of your resident, as long as they’ve provided you with their payment information (i.e. their credit card number, credit debit card number, or their banking information).
The Make A Payment function can be used for both existing RentMoola residents, and residents who do not yet have a RentMoola account (accounts will be set up during the process as outlined below).
2. Making a Payment For an Existing User:
- From your dashboard, scroll down to the Shortcuts section and click on Make a Payment
- Search for the resident and click the Make a Payment button next to their name.
- Select the resident's payment method and enter their payment information. This information will be saved as an option for future payments.
- Select the charge type, enter the charge amount, and click Add Charge (you can add multiple charges). Click Confirm.
- Review the information and click Confirm to make the payment. The resident will be sent a payment receipt via email.
- This process is also available from the Residents page under the Actions section.
- My resident has a RentMoola account and has saved their payment information to it. Do I still need their payment information?
- Yes, you will be required to enter the payment information again. For security reasons, payment information added by the resident to their account cannot be access by their property manager. However, once you’ve entered the payment information from your end, it will be saved for future payments.
- My resident wants to pay with eCheque/ACH--what banking information do I need?
- Residents will need to provide their institution number (CAD accounts only) or bank name, the transit/routing number, the account number, and their billing address. All of this information can be found on a cheque, or through some online banking platforms.
- My resident wants to pay by credit card or credit debit--what information do I need?
- Residents will need to provide their credit card/debit card number, the name on the card, the expiry date, the 3-digit security code (CVV), and their billing address.
- My resident is new to RentMoola--what residency information will I need to set up their account?
- Residents will need to provide their first and last name, their email address, and their phone number.
- Can I send residents invoices?
- Yes, if you have Invoicing enabled. If you do not have this feature enabled, please contact your Customer Success Manager.