Invoicing allows you to invoice tenants for one time charges such as variable utilities, damage fees, late fees, etc. Residents will receive an email notifying them that they have been sent an invoice by their property manager. They will be able to pay this invoice the next time they log into their account, or by clicking the link in the email they receive from RentMoola.
Once an invoice is sent, residents are unable to make any other one time payments until it is paid. However, outstanding invoices will not affect recurring payments (the tenant’s payment will go out as scheduled).
To Send an Invoice
- Search the resident you would like to send an invoice to from your dashboard.
- Click the tenant’s name.
- On the tenant page, click New Invoice under Actions on the left.
- Select the charge type, and enter the payment amount and click Add Charge (only one charge per invoice) and type the reason for the invoice in the text box (optional).
- Click Confirm at the bottom of the page. A pop-up will show up to confirm.
- Once you are ready, click on Submit Invoice.
View/Delete Outstanding Invoices
- Click Go under Unpaid Resident Invoices on your dashboard.
- Click on the Action button and the drop-down menu will offer the choice to Resend or Delete the invoice.
Note: you are unable to edit an invoice that has already been sent. If you need to make any changes, delete the invoice and send a new invoice.
Have more questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com.