Tenants can join RentMoola through one of two ways: they can set up their own account and then the information is reviewed by you, or you can onboard the tenant.
Residents sign up/Approve a resident
In this case, your tenant creates their own RentMoola account, and you approve the information, following these steps:
- The resident enters their name and email address, then confirms their email.
- Once their email address is confirmed, they search for their property by postal code/zip code. They also have the option of setting up recurring payments.
- After their information and property are entered, their account becomes Pending while you have a chance to review the information (you’ll be sent an email notification of the pending user).
- If everything is correct and you approve it, the account becomes active and the resident can begin making payments.
For more details on how to Approve tenants, click here.
Property Manager Onboard
In this case, you create the account for the resident, and your resident completes the process by adding their payment method and creating a password.
- You’ll enter the resident's name and email address, their property information, and--if you choose--their recurring payment amount. If you have the resident’s payment method details, you can add it here.
- The resident is sent an email notifying them that their property manager is inviting them to pay rent using RentMoola. To accept the invitation, the resident clicks the link in the email and enters their payment method details (if you have not added it for them), and creates a password.
- The account is now active and does not need to be approved by you.
For more information on how to Onboard a Tenant, click here.
Have more questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.