In this case, you create the account for the resident, and your resident completes the process by adding their payment method and creating a password. To onboard a tenant:
- On the Home Dashboard, go to the Onboarding tab
- Click Onboard a Resident
- Search for the property click Onboard a Resident
- Enter contact details (name, email, language, phone) & residency details (type, unit, status, customer ID [if required])
- Enter the residency status:
- Selecting "the resident is just moving in" allows you to include first-time charges (such as last month’s rent, or deposits). Anything in this category will be charged to the resident immediately upon acceptance of the invite.
- Selecting the "resident has been living here a while" will not give the option to charge first-time charges.
- Enter the resident's preferred payment frequency:
- Recurring payments: enter the amount and select the date when payments should start. Important: if added, first-time charges will be processed upon acceptance of the invitation. Recurring charges will be processed on the start date specified.
- One time payments: resident will log in each month to make a payment by selecting the payment amount and method.
- If you have their payment method details filled out on the RentMoola Authorisation form, you can enter that here by selecting a Payment Method. After you confirm, the resident will be sent an email to set a password for their account, but no further action is required from them. If you do not have their payment method details click Skip.
- Review the details and click Confirm.
You can View, Resend, or Delete invites on the Onboarding tab by clicking the button in the Actions column under Invitations.
Have more questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.