Adding a one-time credit allows property managers to adjust a tenant's account balance by issuing a credit. This functionality is useful in cases where payments were mistakenly made or for other reasons necessitating adjustments to the tenant's financial records.
For instance, if a tenant was overcharged due to an administrative error or if the property manager wishes to compensate the tenant for any inconvenience, they can utilize the one-time credit option to rectify the situation.
NOTE: Adding a Letus credit is a different process than issuing refunds. For refunds please refer to our article How to request a refund for a tenant?
To add a one-time credit, log in to your Letus account and follow the steps below:
- Select Tenants in the top navigation bar.
- Search for the tenant you wish to credit.
- Under Options, select Billing.
- Click Actions (found under the Unpaid Charges box) and select +Add One-Time Credit
- In the pop-up window, fill out all the information
- Review the information, then click Save
The tenant has now been issued a one-time credit on their Letus account.